The Panama City Rescue Mission is proud to bring you the 9th Annual Festival of Trees held each year the week after Thanksgiving. The theme for 2012 was “It’s a Wonderful Life,” taking you back to the post-war 1940′s when Jazz, Swing, and Big Band music were popular. The US was entering a time of prosperity, community involvement, national pride, and the automobile industry was taking off. Of course, there was the baby-boom, and Christian family values were at their peak. The Festival of Trees is a popular event that has become a local family Christmas tradition in Bay County. The event enables local artists and designers to design beautiful Christmas items for charity. The items are judged in competition and made available for auction. Families and individuals alike can enjoy the sights and sounds of the season during special mini-events or during the general admission. All proceeds help Bethel Village, the Rescue Mission’s home for recovering or homeless women and mothers, wishing to learn Christian values and rebuild their own families. This year’s event was very successful. Thank You all for supporting the 2012 Festival of Trees! Please enjoy the slideshow movie below.
- Design a tree
- Design a wreath
- Design a centerpiece
- Design Guidelines, download here.
- Volunteer to serve on a planning committee or help during Festival week. Submit volunteer form here.
- Donate items to our boutique, bakery, secret shop, or silent auction.
- Host a table at the Tea, Brunch, or Gala. Table Hosting Presentation
- Attend one of the week’s events.
- Sponsor the Festival of Trees.
- Pray for the success of the event!